Monday 26 December 2011

Knitted Lavender Bag

Hi Everyone!


I hope you are all enjoying yourself on your time off. I'm sure you will be all busy visiting family and friends, but you may have a few hours free time in the afternoon to get your knit on!! Heehee.


Here is a little something I made to send to a friend. After searching for a while, I finally found dried lavender in a little health shop in my local town. Lavender bags make such great presents and knitted ones look lovely too!



 It was really easy to make the outside of the bag. I got the pattern from the Usborne Art Ideas book called 'How to Knit'. I think the book is aimed at children but the instructions are so clear and the projects are so lovely that it is one of my favourite knitting books. Here's a link to amazon so you can have a look at it:


Once you have put the bag together (by basically folding you knitting in half and sewing up the sides) you can then thread some ribbon through it, to secure the bag. I chose pink as it went well with the purple colour of the bag.



 I then decided to decorate it with the pretty pink flower button on it and put my 'Love Lorna' tag on it of course!


The lavender bag inside was really easy to do. I just sewed up a small bag with fabric and then filled it with lavender. I soaked the lavender in lavender oil for a bit to increase the smell before putting it in its bag.


I really hope my friend enjoys receiving this as a gift, especially when its just after christmas. I am considering making some more of these and putting them on sale on my folksy shop. I need to get some more items up for sale on there in the new year, so I will keep you posted.


Lots of love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...