Sunday 3 June 2012

Jungle Themed 1st Birthday Cake

Hi Everyone! So it's been a really long time since I last blogged but don't worry - I haven't stopped baking and making during that time! I am going to try and catch up a bit on some of the things that I have made recently, most of which are baking things.


First up I volunteered to make a cake for our friends babies first birthday party. They agreed and said I could do what ever design I liked - Yippeee!! I decided on a jungle theme as that is the style of his bedroom.


Once I had decided upon the theme I got the cake tin (borrowed from a cake shop) and ordered all the icing...lots of it!!!


I don't know if you noticed, but I was a little concerned when I got the cake tin and saw it had no bottom!! Ideal for getting the cake out when it's cooked, but how on earth do you hold the mixture in it?? Luck for me my chef fiance solved my problems and he lined it carefully with tin foil. It worked fantastically. 



Once out the oven and completely cooled I then did the initial lining of icing. You probably can't tell but underneath the icing is a layer of jam!! I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out, but as I didn't feel confident cutting the cake in half and they wanted jam and icing I layered it on top underneath the icing and it was brilliant!



So now its time to introduce you to the cast of the cake:


Ella Elephant

Gia Giraffe

Mike Monkey


 Louis Lion


And the final piece, with it all put together: 




This cake probably took me about 8 hours to make from start to finish. I was very pleased with the final result and so were the people who I made it for -  and that's the main thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...